Saturday, November 18, 2006

无聊@Old Folks

just back to my PC after savouring a piece of Beard Papa's cream puff courtesy of my younger sis's 奶妈, since her daughter is getting married soon (the cream puffs were substitutes for the usual wife biscuits 老婆饼).. well, i heard tht it was blardy famous, & the puff was indeed nice.. yummy.. i love cream puffs.. although i usually go for the RM1/3 puff at King's Confectionery...

inside of the puff, after i took a bite
anyway, the puff is not a major thing in my coming post, in fact, it has got nothing to do with my post.. it just appears as a matter of unforeseen & negligible circumstances..
what i wanna scribble about today, is an outbreak of something disturbing to me, personally, after i kept it in the hiding for long.. so without much ado......
i suppose many ppl do take bus rides, either all the time or occasionally.. well i happen to be 1 of them.. and there's an occurence that's happening to me, much more & much severe than to my liking.. i think some smart readers are already getting what i'm trying to go into..
yes.. due to my house's location near the starting point of the bus route, & i always take the bus home from KL (starting point also), i always manage to get into seats in buses.. occasionally, somewhere between my home & KL, or vice versa, there'll be old ppl boarding the bus...
what freaks me out is that, i noticed every since N years ago, whenever i'm on the seats, any seats, & when there's any old folks getting on the loaded (usually crowded) bus, they WILL, DEFINITELY come & stand beside me.. do u know what this means? it means i shd care for the elderly & give up my seat to them.. no? & they are always ever so smily at me that it unintentionally adds more pressure on u picking my butt out of the seat.. failing to do it quickly enuff will generate some unwanted glares from fellow passengers (they'd happily pile the pressure on u, since its not their seats they hav to giv up anyway~)
i hav no ill-fate against giving up seats to the elderly or the disabled or the pregnant.. the thing is.. sometimes i'm loaded with stuff (eg. heavy bag full of books + a toolbox with circuits & tools in it, or passed by mom's shop on my way home & help her take some of her stuff back home), those old ppl will STILL come & stand beside me..
at 1st i thought it's just coincidences or i'm just imagining things, but soon i began to realize that it REALLY was that way.. me in seats + old ppl = old ppl will come & stand beside me, no doubt about that..
isn't it frustrating? i mean.. there's about 40 seated ppl.. y must it be me all the time? y must the old ppl come & stand beside me, even though i'm loaded & there's obviously many other ppl who are lighter than me?? & those lightly or unloaded dickheads from other seats will fail to stand up, but still glare at me... doesn't the bus riding norm states "giv ur seats to those more in need"? so some OLs or ODs (office dudes) with their handbags/document bags are more in need of seats than some dude carrying heavy things (me)?
i did mentioned outbreak earlier on didn't i? well... it was 2 days back, i was carrying a loaded bag (2 hardcover senior's thesis & some stuff) an a box with a printer inside.. a bit bulky.. quite heavy.. & on i was in the bus, tucked in a seat nicely.. & then.. midway home.. it was ampang park stop i think.. as usual.. an indian ahpek gets on board & stands beside me.. with a smile.. usual stuff again..
i was blardy tired, & my stuff was heavy, which further burdens my mood, & i really hav no intention of giving him my seat, so i said "ahpek, can u plz go & stand somewhere else, bcz i'm heavy here & i'm not gonna giv u my seat."
he stared at me in surprise, the malay woman sitting beside me also stared at me in surprise.. the ahpek did stand somewhere else after my remarks, & nobody gave him any seats (typical malaysia boleh spirit)...
some part of me felt guilty for saying that to an old man, & it still hurts now.. i wasn't sure if i did the right thing or not.. but then.. its past tense now.. life moves on... haih...
so that's about it.. will stop my scribbling here today...

No comments: