Saturday, March 29, 2008

流浪@Barisan Rakyat

I don't really wanna write about politics to be honest, but since it's sort of like THE topic to discuss at the moment, guess I'd just throw in my 5 cents (2 cents is on the way out) on the whole d*mn thing.

I've been reading Malaysiakini throughout the 12th GE period since they had the courtesy to make it free during that period, and have been reading some of the prominent political bloggers' articles ever since. I find very refreshing insights through them, which is totally in contrast with the spinning ala *Wheel of Fortune by the mainstream media.

However, sticking to what I feel, politics, in my opinion, is still a game between 2 sides, the ruling party and the opposition. With the opposition making headways by denying BN 2/3 majority and becoming the ruling coalition in 5 states, it is becoming more like what it should be at the moment.

Remember I hesitated using the Barisan Rakyat term on the PKR-DAP-PAS coalition? Well that's because I don't see it that way. In my opinion, Barisan Rakyat should be a coalition that is created by the rakyat to fight for the rakyat. The 3 party coalition mentioned above has been around for ages. The only thing that I think they did right is to jump on the bandwagon of frustration with AAB&Co and utilised to powers of internet to their benefits.

I'm not a supporter of AAB&Co by all means. I'm glad that Penang, Kedah and Selangor have kinda settled down abit and getting on with life, hopefully Perak will be soon. I'm also laughing myself crazy with recent standoffs between Pak Tidur Lah with the sultanates.

However, I don't trust Anwar much more than I do towards the BN cronies. It is my firm belief that power breeds corruption, cronyism and nepotism, regardless of who is in charge of it. While there's alot of enlightened souls standing up during the last GE, there's still alot of us out there who has no clear idea what is going on.

For me, I don't, and can't really care if the ministers and the authorities pocket more than their fair share of benefits while in charge. Do what you are supposed to do. Manage the country well, don't make lives difficult for us, and pocket your monies. BN has failed to do just that. They have been pocketing without taking care of us civilians. You perform, and you shall be rewarded. That should be the way. If you take without performing, and have keris waving warriors in your ranks, that's when March 8 happens.

From the looks of it, AAB still has yet to acknowledge or realise what went wrong. I strongly suspect that what the cyberworld predicts will come true, that this is indeed the end for BN. However, if come the next GE, if the so called BR gets a big majority, I don't think we will be much better off than with BN in power.

All the best to all of us, and hopefully, we can vote wisely in the future, for our own sake.

(*Wheel of Fortune ~ remember that game? basically that's the idea, you spin and you spin and you make more money.)

No comments: