Friday, March 05, 2010

Cafe vP

Due to the economy downturn, I feel disillusioned being and employee that keeps kena freeze increment/bonus/etc, recently I embarked my very first business venture, the one and only Cafe vP...

It was a very small, shabby shop lot so the owner agreed to rent the place to me for a nominal $1 for a year. I spent a further $15000 to renovate it, bought some stoves and kitchen counters, put up new wall papers and re-tiled the floor...

Business was bad for the first month, but because I operate on the 平靓正 motto, my customer base grew. Within 3 months I grew from 3 stoves to 4, and 4 tables to 8.

The workload begin to become to much to handle alone...


I decided to find someone to jointly invest and work together in this shop. With the lure of increasing profits, I finally managed to persuade Cathrane to invest in my shop and 拍住上...

But, due to her lack of cooking ability, she can't really help in the kitchen, so she operates mainly as a waitress, serving dishes,


and cleaning up the tables...


Lately, our little cafe is becoming more and more famous due to good food and cute waitress, so the customers are getting more and more. And we even have a scheduled filming session with Jamie Oliver's Jamie's Great Malaysian Escape. It is supposed to take 2 days for preparation and filming, I wonder what that will do to our lost of revenue...

As there are more and more customers, the workload is getting more and more as well, and poor Cath has to work harder and harder...


At good times, there would be people waiting for seats. I think very soon, our little shop would not be able accommodate all our customers.


I think it is time for another round of expansion. But please do not tell Cath about this. It's her birthday soon, and I wanna surprise her.

With the profits made so far, and the current revenue daily, I think I would be able to take over the neighboring shop and expand the cafe. There would be more stoves, more counter and more tables, and also a mahjong foosball table so that waiting customers can have something to do while waiting..

With these additions, I think I would have to hire 2 or 3 more waitresses to share the workload with Cath. I'll also build a cashier counter so that she can sit down and collect money when she gets tired...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA CATH!!! :P
-------------------------------------------------------------

Updates: Re-layout the shop already, added more tables, and hired another waitress to help out, other things work-in-progress :P

It seems like business is rocketing over the roof...


No comments: