Tuesday, April 01, 2008

流浪@April Fools' Day

We all know what day it is today. In case u don't nevermind, it's nothing hehe :D

I've never been a good prankster throughout my life. I was always on the receiving end of jokes and mischieves on this memorable day, so I have never really enjoyed this day.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, though not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, enemies and neighbors, or sending them on fools' errands, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible. The origins of this custom are complex and a matter of much debate. It is likely a relic of the once common festivities held on the vernal equinox, which began on the 25th of March, old New Year's Day, and ended on the 2nd of April.

Today In History:

2003 :- Leslie Cheung ‘哥哥’ 张国荣 committed suicide. It caused a major earthquake in the Asian entertainment industry, and shattered many hearts. Of course, we thought that it was another bad April Fools' prank, but it was not to be.

1999 :- My schoolmates played a prank on me. Act
ually is schoolbus-mates to be exact. They mimicked speaking without making any sound, and pretended not to be able to hear me speak throughout the journey from home to school. Man that totally sucked! I really panicked all the way ~.~" THE WORST PRANK I have experienced.

Today In Present:

8.45am :- The office was empty. Well yeah, most of us CE Department come in late, but there's usually a few of us hanging around office early on.
Not today, the whole office was dark. Not a prank though, but I really thought it was that hehehe :D

11.30am :- I banked in my paycheck last night. Well it was just about RM2k, and I decided to logon to the e-Banking web to check if the check has gone through, and...


What the??? Is this a RHB prank? Anyway, I'll try and cashout during lunch time to see if anything weird or any pleasant surprise will happen. Stay tuned...

No comments: