Friday, April 18, 2008

流浪@Halal-ness or Racism Part 2

After 2 days of inactivity, I'm back. It's been a hectic 2 days, in office and out of office, and it has taken it's toil on my body. Anyway, let's get to the topic.

As you might have noticed, I turned off the comments function for my previous post. I'm sorry, but I know there's people reading, and I do not intend for any unexpected twist on it. It was just a post I made to voice out my frustrations, not some personal agenda motivated thing. Enough with that.

Anyway, I found another spot for lunch. Another mamak restaurant, in another corner of Shah Alam. Have been trying out over there for the past 3 days. What spurred me to blog today? Well..

As I set foot into the restaurant today, I got a pleasant surprise. They're playing Mandarin songs on the casette/CD player! And even more amazingly, the folks: malays, indians, mamaks, and a good number of chinese seems to be happily indulging in their meals!

I was like: what's going on man? I just had the shock of my life being complained about saliva from my pork-eating mouth sinned the spoons Muslims are using. And here, a complete reverse in situation?? Everyone looks at peace with each other, and here you can get Nasi Goreng Cina which really looks and taste like chinese fried rice, minus the pork. (If you frequents Nasi Goreng Cina in typical mamaks or gerai melayu, you'll know what I mean. They are just making a complete mockery of the dish)..

At least, I spotted peace and friendliness. No signs of uneasiness. There's a substantial number of Chinese eating out here so I suppose halal-ness is not a big fuss.

I also sense hope for a better, non-racism Malaysia for the future. Hope that the 12th GE radiated, which I thought was illusionary after what happened few days back...

Majulah Sukan Untuk Negara!! Oops, wrong phrase.. like not so related hor, hehehe dun care la~ :D

No comments: