Tuesday, May 20, 2008

流浪@Penang again

I'm in Penang again.. the 2nd time in as many weeks. Am waiting for time to pass while calming down, collecting my thoughts... will be heading to Agilent again later today for another interview...

I drove my old junky reliable and cute little Kancil all the way up this time around. I actually felt a sense of achievement the moment I sped through the Penang Bridge yesterday evening. Another milestone conquered, me and my Kancil.

And now here I am, hanging around at Bing's place while everyone else went to work, pondering about what the future has reserved for me...

Bing's room

My lappy in the dining table, which is what I'm blogging through at the moment

I'm really getting anxious recently. I'm aiming my bullets at the big companies, and alot of effort needs to be put into preparations. Worse is, I flunked 4 papers in my Advanced Diploma time at TAR College. And I can totally taste the consequences now!

To all my juniors and to everyone who are still studying, please do well in your exams! Whatever bullshit you hear in career talks and seminars about how you shouldn't just study for exams and results are just that: bullshit. Results does count for alot, especially if you wanna enter the big firms.

I'm also beginning to think that I'm more likely to end up in Penang after all. Singapore has got next to no news for me. I'm pondering what will be if I really move up. I've never been away from home, living alone before. Well yeah, I went to the UK, but.. we got a good accomodation with every necessities provided and paid for, so that doesn't count ok?

Take care of all my meals alone, wash my clothes, clean the house, etc etc... hmm.. I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult, would it?

I'm not really sure if I would be able to be better off here or not as well. The pay seems higher than in KL, and the expenses seems lower. But you can never be so sure about moving out of home and saving more money... If I can't save up here, then it'd be a total screw up for me...

I'm still single, unfortunately. And the problem is, I have this Penang-girls-phobia. To make things simple, let's just say, as of now, I don't see myself hanging around in Penang for the rest of my life. Yeah, I'm looking for a job here, but I'm seeing myself heading back home in 5 or even 10 years time.

The thing about Penang is, it's quite developed compared to other states in Malaysia. Apart from KL that is. Most of the Penang girls I know have this I-don't-wanna-relocate-to-KL mentality.

I don't wanna find a chick just for the sake of having 1 by my side. If I am to find my girl, she would have to be prepared to move down with me when I'm done here. This is quite tough in Penang, as far as my experience is concerned.

So... am I looking at continue being single for the next 5-10 years? Or do I do a long distance with a KL girl? Both ideas kinda suck... big time... another cause of anxious-ness...

But I think I should not elaborate much more. I did told my friends "I'm not going to work in Penang!" few months back and now I find myself dogging around for a job here.

So I'm not going to say "I'm not going to get myself a Penang girlfriend!"... Am afraid it might hit me back in my face again ~_~"

Let's just see what'll unfold for me... and wish me luck for my interview later...

No comments: