Wednesday, August 27, 2008

流浪@AEON Seberang Perai City

Was heading to Penang again last Monday...

Was supposed to come on Tuesday, but then, the mother of all by-elections was on Tuesday, so to avoid any possible untoward incidents, I decided to come 1 day earlier...

Anyway, I found time to check this place which opened on August 22nd out before heading into the island...


AEON Seberang Perai City Shopping Centre @ Bandar Perda... basically it's located inside the kampung kampung area between Permatang Pauh and Bukit Mertajam.. and then suddenly a few rows of newly built shophouses and a huge shopping mall appear in the middle of it.. I think that's why it's called, Bandar Perda and not Kampung Perda..

So what's there in this new largest AEON Shopping Centre in Malaysia? Well, we have the usual suspects of a typical AEON..

AEON will never be AEON without JUSCO

The usual brands u can find in AEON shopping centres

And then there's also some shops with names that suggest that they aspire to be the next big thing in Malaysia...

I've never heard of Vince Avenue before -.-"

And then, for a moment, I thought Disney's flagship store is here...

But no, this is the shop's name

There's also some outlets that I never realized are fixtures in AEONs...

I never notice any Starbucks in previous AEONs (thanks Cannas for enlightening me)

I'm not sure if it's to celebrate the opening of this shopping centre, or to celebrate the up and coming Mooncake Festival, but they have a stage in the concourse..

There's some Chinese dance performance going on

Oops, the picture macam senget abit, take another 1..

Is this better?

Gah.. more or less the same lah... How nice can a picture taken with a handphone be??

Ok, here's part of how the building looks from the outside...

Typical AEON feel

The symbolic JUSCO tower

And oh, being patriotic eh? Merdeka is closing in..

It was really hot and sunny that day, even though it's already 5.30pm.. Can't really take more outdoor photos with my phone... so that's it for today...

And oh ya, the traffic totally sucks around that area... It took me more than 30 minutes to reach from the North South Highway Juru exit...

No comments: