Friday, August 22, 2008

流浪@An unexpected Saturday

Straying away from London posts for awhile, the following happened on last Saturday, 16th August 2008...
____________________

It's a typical Saturday, I was at Penang waiting for interviews as well as running some errands for my dad... Eric came to visit his girlfriend colleague and us friends for the weekend by the way...

Due to various reasons, resulting in Peggy, How Chen, Cannas and Cath all not being around.. it's down to only me and Bing to accompany Eric for the day...

Bing brought us to what he claims the best chicken rice eatery in Penang for lunch.. located at Lorong Susu off Macalister Road.. Penangites will know where I mean, non-Penangites should just forget it..

Indulging

Mixed platter

What's a mixed platter? Well a platter like this consists: Chicken 鸡, Duck 鸭, Char Siew 叉烧, Siew Yoke 烧肉, and Lap Cheong 腊肠...

I'm not so sure about best in Penang, but the meal was actually really good... and Penang's chicken rice always comes with the chai buay, or sour vege soup...

After lunch, we basically had nowhere to go... went driving around Georgetown, had Teochew cendol at some place that I don't know the name, then went driving around Georgetown again.. and finally decided to head to Gurney Plaza to lepak around...

It is at this shopping complex that we bumped into an unexpected heaven for both me and Bing, heaven in 2 ways: food heaven for me, photography heaven for Bing...

There's a Japanese Food Fair going on at the Ground Floor of Gurney Plaza, by Cold Storage!

The thing with me is, I don't really enjoy shopping for clothes, I usually buy new clothes annually, before Chinese New Year, so I am quite highly resistant for fashion, but when it comes to food.. I'd go crazy!

Ok, pichas (PamSong taught me this word) time...

Look at the crowd

Korean food is red hot in Malaysia due to the likes of Dae Jang Geum & Winter Sonata, as well as the likes of Big Bang & Super Junior, but seems Japanese food is still very popular among the locals...

Auntie Promoter cooking up some Nissin noodles for free sampling

Lenglui sales promoter

Very appropriately phrased

Random cup noodles pichas

They actually sell a wide variety of cup noodles, not just the 2 types above...

No, this is not an advertorial hahaha

Does this drink look familiar?

If u watched the Slam Dunk anime, recall... this is the drink that they drink all the time... Pocari Sweat!

Let's just give u more pichas that I'm too lazy to describe 1 by 1...

Some of the products on sale

The Japanese food not only attracts the locals...

Even angmohs love them!

This is me and my loot

Like I said, when it comes to food, all my self control will go flying out of the window -.-"

After that, we headed to Starbucks for a drink, while waiting..

We weren't exactly waiting for the same thing...

Eric was waiting for his "colleague"

He's supposed to have dinner and whatever they planned to do after that..

Me and Bing bought tickets for the movie 21, and we're waiting for the movie...

My drink - Iced Cafe Latte, and some non-fat milk

Lengluis in Starbucks (1 of Bing's voyeurism candid snaps product)

No more pichas after that.. we went for the movie, and then dinner, and then yumcha with Liang, a friend who came up from KL too but did not tell us earlier, wait for Eric to come and join us back, and then headed back...

3 comments:

PenangTuaPui said...

aiya.. we miss the jap fair.... sien...

so upset...

yaya.. the lorong susu one ,, the chicken rice is yum yum.. but long time never been there liao

DiEsE said...

haiyaaaaaaa
miss that laaaaa...

RealGunners said...

crikey... i didn't notice there's comments here... ages ago posts