Thursday, September 18, 2008

流浪@Truly 'Unforgettable' Mooncake Festival

Am currently in a mamak near where I'm staying, Nasi Kandar Fantasi.. just because they have free WiFi.. internet access at my house is still not fixed, haih...

While everyone is back home enjoying family's company, reunion dinner, mooncakes and moonlight watching for Mooncake Festival, I had a rather unusual Sunday night for it..

I'm not the only lonely KL-kia stranded in Penang.. there's another poor fella named Wing Yew as well.. Wing Yew is Bing's housemate.. well, was my housemate for a while too, since I was staying at their place before I moved in to my current room...

2 lonely dudes, having nowhere to go, we decided to look for a dinner place where we can watch F1 as well.. nasi kandar seems weird for Mooncake Festival dinner, and chinese eateries with TV will only show Wah Lai Toi stuff.. the only place left is...

McDonalds

Mooncake is round, Chicken McDeluxe is also round, so I guess it's quite appropriate to have burgers on this moon-related festival day =.="

And while we were at it, we witnessed the most unusual F1 race in recent times...

I'm sure most of u will know Michael Schumacher.. well he's retired...

The current crop of contenders: Lewis Hamilton, Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Heikki Kovalainen

Alonso is crap in Renault, and Kovalainen.. will get to him later..

But no, on this occasion, the Italian Grand Prix, the winner is a Toro Rosso driver, Sebastian Vettel!!! And he started from pole position and lead all the way!!!

Well, simply put it, Toro Rosso to Ferrari/McLaren is like Stoke to Arsenal in terms of EPL... Way to go, Vettel! Woohoo!!

Let's come back to Heikki Kovalainen... when he joined McLaren, everyone thought it's the next Raikkonen in the making.. but no, he started 2nd, remained on 2nd, and Vettel actually opened a huge gap with him throughout the race!

It's just like Stoke scoring 4 goals past Arsenal's net in a football match! How ridiculous is it, can u imagine?? Crappy Kovalainen.... Even Alex Yoong can drive better than u I suppose...

Shit, low bat again, time to leave the mamak again... anyway, that's how I spent my mooncake festival....

Till next time....

No comments: