Monday, October 27, 2008

流浪@Being Alone Day

Was supposed to post this yesterday, but something held me off...

Had to make my way across to mainland Penang, Jusco Bandar Perda to be exact, to take care of some things on Monday (Deepavali Day)...

The day before, I had actually asked Peggy and How Chen if they wanted to tag along, I also asked Cath if she wants to be my GPS to find Sunway Carnival, and I also asked Shiow Jen for lunch... end up, nothing happened.. and I was on my way alone...

Seeing that this was the situation, I decided that today would be 1 of the Being Alone Day that I would frequently have back when I was in KL...

Let me just tell u abit about what this Being Alone Day is all about...

Well, u see, ever since I set foot back on Malaysian soil last year, I have been living under a huge burden consisting of stress, self-expectation, and study loans... at times, the burden would seem to be too heavy to cope with.. I've actually had a few experiences where I felt almost like collapsing from the weight...

Whenever I find myself almost unable to bear with it, the best thing that I do is look for friends take some time off alone...

I don't mean to say that I'm a secluded retard who don't like friends. I love my friends, and I absolutely care about them, almost as much as my family... but sometimes, there's things that's not so convenient to talk about with friends, if u know what I mean.. so for me personally, taking some time off alone is the most effective way to de-stress and recharge my mental energy...

I've never told anyone about this.. kinda unofficial ritual of mine.. because they'd probably come to the conclusion as what I've mentioned above...

So what do I normally do in a typical Being Alone Day of mine?

I go on a driving rampage...


My definition of a driving rampage is go 160km/h, depressing the accelerator like there's no tomorrow drive on unknown roads, trying to find out new places... I do tend to depress the accelerator more but, due to the limitations of my car, would probably never reach the range of speed high enough for adrenaline rush...


So my driving rampage on Sunday was to look for Sunway Carnival... and what a drive I had! I made 2 wrong turns, 2 terrible wrong turns that I am totally aware of but just missed out on the right junction... I'll illustrate with an edited Google Maps print screen..


Sunway Carnival is at the red spot. Junction 1 was where we come out from Jusco Bandar Perda to the highway. Junction 2 is where I was supposed to turn into, but somehow I missed it and turned in at Junction 3.. Then I made a few u-turns and made it back to the highway, only for me to miss out again and back to Junction 1 =.=

But eventually I found the shopping complex.... mission accomplished lah~

The good thing about being alone is that, I can afford to be spontaneous. I can do whatever I feel like doing in the spur of the moment, for example: catch a movie, eat some good food, or just wandering aimlessly in a shopping complex or a park thinking about nothing...

Thought of watching Eagle Eye, but it was off cinema already, so didn't manage to do that...

So this is the spontaneous thing I did... have a lunch at a fehmes food outlet...

Ice Peach Tea from the outlet

The 3 dips provided here

This is my lunch, woohoo!!

Can u already guess where I had lunch?

MFM = Manhattan Fish Market!! What I ordered was the Flaming Platter for One...

Close up on the prawn

Close up on the fish

Well, to be honest, the food here is not that nice.. at least the fish doesn't taste as fresh.. I prefer the Queensbay outlet more...

The ironic thing that happened on that day is that: I ajak-ed Cath and Shiow Jen unsuccessfully, and I bumped into them in this very Sunway Carnival!

This is a classic example of the norm in my life: things u expect/want to happen, doesn't happen when u expect them to, but they will happen in unexpected manner... I have already decided that today is gonna be my Being Alone Day, and that's when I bump into friends...

But then, it was good as well... *ahem ahem* having been a loyal supporter of cathrane.blogspot.com all the while, checking it out at least a few times daily, I knew can feel that there's something bugging Cath.. and like I mentioned above, I absolutely care for my friends, so I was kinda worried about what she's up to...

But, seeing her hanging out at Starbucks with her.. her.. best friend from high school? Boon Yean? .. it was actually a relief to see that she's taking time to chill.. probably for the same purpose of me having my Being Alone Day...

Shiow Jen.. hehehe, she sms-ed me saying she have to take care of some friends visiting from KL... she probably left out a "boy" word somewhere in the sms... u get what I mean? So I suppose it was totally a logical choice to say no to my ajak-ing to lunch hahahaha!!!

Anyway, good for u girl.. hope ur relationship lasts long long~~

Made it back home to Penang island about 4pm, continued with my Being Alone Day at home..

So what do I do while being alone at home? There's 2 things...

1. Listening to sad songs - kinda soothes amplifies my lonely sentiments. It's probably the same concept with people having excessive alcohol after work.. It doesn't help u at all, but somehow u still wanna do it...

2. Meditate - the ultimate activity to force u to think nothing and clear up your mind. After a 30 minutes session, would surely be able to think more clearly and calmly...

Then we have visitors from KL coming up, so went out for dinner with the bunch of Penang-2007 LJMU-TARCians and officially ended my Being Alone Day session...

3 comments:

Belle said...

not really tht lonely la..u had whirlwind ma! and your father's companion that day hehe

RealGunners said...

shit.. i just realized i put the wrong day.. deepavali is monday lei ge.. hahaha..

AsX said...

Hey! Alone? Oh come on.... just one day only.. i have been alone since 365 days! I guess...