Thursday, October 30, 2008

流浪@My 2 Over-Weaknesses

Suddenly felt like talking about this because I have nothing else that I feel like talking about at the moment...

People always say: Those who are close to you will know you better than you do yourself.

My mom always tell me: "Your greatest weakness is over-confidence."

She has a few ways of saying that: over-confidence, or ego, or look down on other people..

Actually, that's quite true... most of the time, I have absolute confidence on whatever that I do.. This is because whenever I wanna do anything (the serious stuff), I would always make sure that I get as much and as accurate information and data before coming to a conclusion on what need to be said/done.. That is why sometimes, I am very stubborn on my stand and unwilling to budge...

As for the look down on other people thingy, it actually only applies to those "Mind Power"/"Self Building"/similar shit seminar speakers... actually it's not that I look down on them.. I just don't like attending that kind of seminars.. because in my opinion, the shit that they say is things that we already know... what we really need is the will and determination to practice those values.. my reluctance translates to arrogance in my mom's eyes.. it's also probably my over-confidence that caused my stubbornness in refusing to attend talks like that..

I don't think I can, or want to do anything much about this so called 'weakness'...
__________________

Recently, I've just discovered by myself, the hard way, that there's actually another element that's quite 'over' within me: over-enthusiastic..

Over-enthusiasm occurs when I deal with anything that draws my attention, eg: a new drama, a new online game, interesting blogs, NICE FOOD!!... and also with friends....

Let's just talk about 2 of them..

Nice food: Ask my friends/family, if it's shopping for clothes, I have 120% control on what I wanna buy and what I don't wanna buy.. but when it comes to food... negligible control... sometimes, I spend more money on food than my female friends spend on clothes...

Friends: As mentioned in my previous post if u really read, I really care about my friends. When I wanna do things that involve my friends, I will ALWAYS put them in front of me in my considerations. Sometimes, I tend to offer my help/advice too much even when they don't need it that it becomes an annoyance.

This over-enthusiasm sometimes translates to over-sensitivity.. there are times when some little things happen and I get ticked off easily when things go in a different way than I have anticipated.. I've had more than my fair share of cold wars with different groups of friends as a result...

So, basically, I think u will see a fairly more subdued/reserved Ah Leong in the coming days. My job requires me to turn from being reactive to proactive, but outside work, I think I will probably turn vice versa, more often than not... let's see if this will lead to better situations...

1 comment:

AsX said...

Hey, I heard Kampachi is nice... let's gooooooo...

Hmmm the G-Hotel seafood buffet also nice...