Thursday, November 20, 2008

流浪@Engineering Team Building (II)

Just got more pichas from our division's admin Jackqueline, in the form of Powerpoint slides, she even did some effects on the pichas, I'll just grep take 3 of them and post here..

From left: Jafri, Hairus, Azizi, me and Haniff

The 4 of us are 1 team, besides Jafri, who is just kacau-ing the photo session...

And yeah.. as u can predict, my division is predominantly Malays.. although company-wide is still majority Chinese... sh*t, why do I sound so racist? =.="

White arrow = Steve Cook, Yellow arrow = Bob Vienot

Both of them are from our company's Colorado plant. Steve is here to help set up some stuff for the NPI @ New Product Implementation, and Bob is here to give us training on some very old and almost obsolete programming knowledge.. Bob has French ancestry, hence his name like that...

They will only be here for less than 2 weeks though.. I think they will be heading back to the States next week... hopefully I will be able to learn whatever necessary for my job by then...

And.. and... I get some arseholes who questioned the credibility of my claim that my team came in as runners-up and got the prizes, which I find totally ridiculous.. well, the picha below should be proof enough..

Focus on the blue arrow

See? See?? See????!!!!

This is the close up of the things in my hands

By the way, the man on my left is the award presenter @ Engineering Manager. Hairus is not in the picha because he had to go back as soon as we finished our 3 games due to excessive pressure from his fiancee.

Let me discuss abit about how the organization chart works in my company. 1st of all, I am a Test Engineer. Above me, there's my direct supervisor the Test Engineering Manager, and above him there's the Engineering Team Manager (who gave me the prizes). Our Engineering team actually consists of Test Engineering and Product Engineering.

Above this Engineering Manager, there's the Regional Division Manager, who manages the whole of our division here in Penang (FYI, my company has about 10 divisions). Then, this division manager of us reports to 2 people. 1 of them is the Penang Site Manager, overseeing the whole of the Penang site. The other 1 is the Worldwide Division Manager, who is an American and is based in the States as well.

Finally, These 2 people reports to the most powerful man of the company, the CEO, who is also based in the HQ in the States...

Does it sound complicated? It probably is, because I almost dozed off writing these things...

Back to the topic, if u still do not believe that my team did in fact come in as the runners-up, then fine.. I have nothing else to say....

Anyway, that's all for this time...

4 comments:

AsX said...

Don't worry, man! I believe you in getting Runner-up! So for those out there that doubt this please talk straight to me.... I can give you the assurance!

Btw, the Engineering Team Building, there is only TWO teams participating rite? :P

Belle said...

WHAHAHAHAHAH wtf asx!!! classic!!
gunna i belip u! now shove something in asx's ass now xD

RealGunners said...

tulance... jom let's 1 on 1!!~

Belle said...

KAM LO! sked u no teeth ar xD