Monday, November 03, 2008

流浪@McVities is Here!!!

I'm feeling dead tired today, but I figured I really have to do this post today.. it's too important to warrant delays...

I know I mentioned more than once before, McVities Caramel Milk Chocolate Digestives is our favorite snack back in the UK.. I have quarter of a post dedicated to it, here...

I also have another post depicting our effort in identifying a viable replacement for it in the form of Marks & Spencer Digestives, here..

Nothing beats the original though... McVities is still McVities by a million miles.. forever... and ever....

Well, well, guess what we've got here....

McVities Digestives!

Close up: McVities Digestives, Caramels!!

Even closer up: Milk Chocolate Digestives with Caramel!!!

Woohoo!!!!! This is the thing!! The real deal!!! The original McVities!!!

I was actually in the cinema in Gurney yesterday, on my Being Alone Session, when Cath suddenly sms-ed me: "McVities in Cold Storage, 13."

For a moment, I couldn't process what I was reading. It was getting real exciting in the movie too... it took almost 30 seconds for the thought to register...

There are already McVities digestives in the racks of all major supermarkets in Malaysia, but they are all Ginger Nut or Plain.. and we don't give a shit on those... whenever Cath mentions McVities, it has got to be our beloved Caramel version!!!

Cold Storage is obviously the supermarket chain... has a store in Suria KLCC, and there's a store here in Gurney too...

Hehehe, another shot at my McVities~

13... wtf does 13 mean? At that time, I thought Cath meant something like: "Only 13 sticks left."

Shit! That idea got me out of the chair in the cinema, and rushing to Cold Storage immediately anxious and nervous throughout the rest of the movie, fearing that by the time the movie is over, there would be none left =.="

Fortunately, that wasn't the case... 13 means:

RM13 for a stick of McVities

I'm not sure if it's fortunate or unfortunate... Back in the 99p Store in St John's Liverpool, 99pence (about RM7 back then, RM6.40 now) would get us 2 sticks of this delicacy.. RM13 back then would get us not 1, but 4 sticks!!

But then, definitely is a heck of a lot cheaper compared to the air tickets cost if we were to fly all the way back to the UK to get some more of it... so I think I shouldn't complain about it...

I remember I once emailed the distributor of those McVities Ginger Nut in Malaysia.. can't remember who, Danone I think.. telling them that there's a huge pool of addicts for the Caramel version here in Malaysia and they should really consider bringing that flavour in... (I was bluffing of course, I wasn't sure because besides us LJMU-ians, all of my other friends who studied/are studying in the UK does not know what McVities is =.=)

I absof**kinglutely didn't expect to have this sort of.. dream come true.. to get this McVities Caramel here in Malaysia... it really served as an icing to the cake, after a really fruitful day for me...

Thanks Cath, for randomly going to lepak in Cold Storage, and randomly made this major discovery!! BIG MUACKSSSS FOR U~~~!! Ahahahahaha!!!!

To end my post, just wanna reiterate this fact:

McVities Caramel Milk Chocolate Digestives IS the BEST thing that's ever come out from the UK!!!

11 comments:

Cathrane said...

Dun Muacks me leh.. ishhh.. hehe.. But really happy to see the original Mcvities in the house....

when u going to open it? me bu she de..

Belle said...

got sell wan meh this one!??????????? i only saw red colour which is oats and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want!!!

RealGunners said...

cath: MUACKSSSS!!! MUACKSSSS!!!! hahahaha~ me oso bu she de.. finish the m&s sin..

belle: if gurney cold storage got, i think klcc cold storage shd have also... mayb u can try there..

AsX said...

Oh come on... is it tat..... good?

RealGunners said...

try it..

Cathrane said...

Asx. when i open i belanja u.. btw, gunners .. pls stop muacks liao. jijik.

AsX said...

Gunner, ya, i should try it.

Cath, who knows i might buy and open earlier than u. Wan me belanja u instead?

Cathrane said...

Caramel still belum open.. as the old M&S havent finish..

RealGunners said...

me open liao, hehehehe

Yin Ying -JO- said...

eh cari kat cold storage mana? biscuits there?

Anonymous said...

heys, did u know now in the UK, they have yoghurt flavour digestives as well?? friggin awesome! :) my new addiction :))