Sunday, December 07, 2008

流浪@It's not that straightforward, mate

Lately, it's been stressful for me in terms of having to work like a dog, using 2 hands trying to cover 20 holes, that kind of thing if u know what I mean, and also watching some good friends endure painful relationships.. so much so that I get exhausted physically and emotionally throughout the past 2 - 3 weeks without really having any opportunity to refresh and recharge (hence the non-existence of updates here =.= )...

There's too much to say, too much to write, but I just didn't have the time and energy to do that, and now I don't know where or how to begin.. do u know the feeling of kapsi (urge to shit), trying to look for a toilet but failed to find 1, so u 忍/tahan/hold out, and when u finally found the toilet, that kapsi-ness is gone, and u longer feel like shitting.. well that's about how I feel right now exactly...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Well, let's talk about the watching some good friends endure painful relationships part.. not sure if I can talk about these things as nicely as some other bloggers out there do or not..

Wah Suit 话说/Kononnya, there's this friend of mine.. for anonimity, let's call her Lenglui... hehehe...

Lenglui is a Penangite lenglui whom I knew during my short stint in the company she works in, and she has a boyfriend who hails from Ipoh and works in 1 of the electronics MNC in Penang.
Now Lenglui is all lovey-dovey with her boyfriend (apparently, that's what she tells me), they even share-rent a room...

The thing is, she is not on good terms with his family, or the other way round maybe.. so last weekend, she went back to the boyfriend's hometown with him.. in between, I'm not sure what happened, but on that Sunday, she suddenly called me and said, she is on the bus back to Penang, alone...

Now, you see, the boyfriend drives a Vios, so when the girl is on the bus back to Penang alone, something must be wrong, right? So I didn't ask alot of things, just agreed to pick her up in the bus terminal.

That very day, she moved all her personal belongings out of the share-rented room, into her own car (yes she actually has her own car), dumped the keys into the mailbox, and went back to her own home...

I hope you're still following me but.. to simply say it, the boyfriend is no longer the boyfriend @k@ they broke up...

It was until a few days later that she told me, she had a quarrel with the boyfriend's ex's mom, and the ex did not do anything to help her out, and did not even try to stop her from leaving and taking the bus back to Penang.

I'm not sure how true it is, but according to Lenglui, the ex's family looks down on her. They all are Masters & PhD level of people, and she does not even have a degree.. that is the main reason for them not being in the same wavelength..
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I just felt like, this is a real life example of the views that I hold true all the while. Being in a relationship when you are a high school teenager and when you are an adult is a different kettle of fish.

Back then, in high school, the only criteria you need to consider for getting into a relationship is the magic word 灰领 feeling. "I love u, do u love me? Yes I love u too! Let's paktor!" and it's done.. when things screw up, "You don't love me anymore! Yeah I don't love u anymore, let's break up!" and then it's done too, in the opposite way (N Sync in backdrop - I wanna see u off that door, baby bye bye bye~~)

Now, if u wanna find a girl/guy, u should be thinking about establishing a steady long-term relationship, with the ultimate goal of marriage, no? (Ok well, maybe that's just me then)..

Is distance a factor? Where's his/her hometown? Does she/he wanna go back and settle there? Do I wanna go there along? Does her mama like me? Do my mama like her? Do I really wanna spend the rest of my life with her? When will we get married? Can I afford marriage yet? Where should we buy our house? Will her family move in with us? Will my family move in with us? Will both families move in with us? etc etc etc x1000...

Ok fine, u don't wanna think about all these things 1st.. just try it out with the guy/girl 1st... and then u realised, yeah, he/she is the one for me, and u wanna proceed further... suddenly, like Lenglui, the external factors come into picture, and things can get nasty...

And when u get deep into a relationship, it is always very heartbreaking to make the ultimate choices when things go nasty beyond repair... if u know what I mean...

Oh well, I'm starting to get blur myself.. the point that I really wanna mention is.... refer to the title....

@@...

4 comments:

Belle said...

i agree with this.
During highschool its usually underground relationship where you have secret place to meet ( teenage love affair alicia ) nothing matters, you dont need to even think about showing your 'love' one to your folks.
Now when it comes to the forever and ever tragic, everything EVERYTHING takes into account.
1. your folks = IF THEY HATES YOU, YOU ARE DEAD.
2. your past ( which ugly girl/boi u used to date )
3. education level ( bloody important, it gains u more respect than you can ever imgaine )

here is my verdict about folks vs your cinta. Mothers are usually the 'mean' one. Whether u agree or not, mothers knew wats the best for their kids the most. When she doesnt like you, she knows why and dont say its not your fault. Nothing can hide behind a mother. Look, Shes your cinta's mother. come on, u expect your cinta to go against his/her folks? this is ludicrous. How do you think your cinta grow so big and tall har? you grow your cinta meh? Without her where the fuck is your cinta? You should respect no matter what. when you hold this principle, you wont find it hard to deal with mothers. Understand their situation.. Its not her obligation to make u like her. ITS YOUR OBLIGATION to make your cinta's folks fond of you.

p/s: any moms wouldnt dislike ppl without reasons. go find out why rather thn blaming people. unless she fucking cuckoo and if its for real sok sing dump your cinta. mother got problem anak pun satu gila. HAHAHAHAHAHA

oh loklok! im making a post here btw xD

RealGunners said...

ahahahahaa @@

AsX said...

Gunner, nice one! Totally agree with you! It's really not easy to start a simple relationship anymore. Or is it sign of we are getting older... at least i am... DAMN! Anyway, if love is no longer the magical feeling but a thorough consideration of future, what is love anymore? A mating process?

RealGunners said...

i don't mean to say love is no longer the magical feeling, i mean, it's not just the magical feeling, it's the feeling plus much much more..