Tuesday, December 09, 2008

流浪@Overrated

Had a decent lunch today before proceeding to pick my friends up 1 by 1 to come back to Penang..

What did I have for lunch??

雪茶 xuit cha @ Iced Chinese Tea

This is something that I've not had in Penang at all.. because I don't how to pronounce it in Hokkien people in Penang don't drink it... here, usually I will order ling teh bing @ 凉水雪 liong shui xuit @ Iced Herbal Tea...

I know how to pronounce 雪茶 in Hokkien la! It's called seng kak teh... just verified it with Cath just now =.=

The 雪茶 cost me 50 cents, dem sh*t.. it used to be 40 cents.. petrol reduce price d, they still don't reduce, nia sing!!!

猪肉粉 zhu yoke fun @ Pork Noodles

Now this is a delicacy that u don't get in Penang, at all... I've been looking high and low, north and south, left and right, doesn't seem to be able to spot any place that sells pork noodles!

Seriously, u don't know what you're missing up here.. Pork noodles is by far the BEST thing that's ever happened to Malaysian Chinese cuisine! I'd gladly give up all the char kuay teows in the world for a decent bowl of pork noodles!!

Sometimes, I think that Penang is just an overrated food haven. Yes.. we can find a wide array of food here.. but I'm always amazed when people say Penang food is much better than KL food...

When someone tells me, for example: "Penang's char kuay teow will make u never wanna set mouth on any KL char kuay teow anymore", I will gladly respond: "Clearly, u have never had Raymond's char kuay teow at a coffee shop off Jalan Silang." I've had plenty of char kuay teow here, but I still feel nothing beats Raymond's... seriously...

Wantan mee? KL beats Penang by 1 million miles... I can very confidently declare to u guys, Penang's wantan mee, totally sucks! I've had alot of wantan mee here too, never really enjoyed any of them.. and I can say, I can simply pick a coffee shop in KL that makes better wantan mee than any of the fehmes ones here...

And they don't have pork noodles here! WTF? How can u not have pork noodles??? How can u call yourself a food haven when u don't have the best of the best delicacy??? Boooo!!!!~~

I guess I better stop here... otherwise will be pelted with rotten vege and salted eggs... I don't mean to defame Penang, I still enjoy many of the food here.. it's just that I feel hurt when people say KL's food is inferior to Penang's... I don't think that's the case at all...

Maybe I'm having an after-effect of pork noodle satisfaction... @@

5 comments:

Cathrane said...

I wan Ganda zu yok fan..

RealGunners said...

jom :D

Belle said...

ju yok yun..i got idea..cut your own flesh minced it THERE U GO ultimate juyukfan! muahahaha

RealGunners said...

......

victoria said...

bukit mertajam got zhu yoke fun~
nice one~
at a place called dim sum city, dian xin cheng.