Friday, January 16, 2009

缺钱@River

Even with recession facing, and the company has already announced many proactive cost cutting measures, but with the number of NPIs expected to come in this year, I can't help but keep dreaming that if I do well, I might have the chance to travel to our US site soon, and therefore can't help but keep browsing the web for info of the place our site is located in...

But I came across this

Lava Falls Rapid on Colorado River, along Grand Canyon National Park.. I was really looking for Colorado, and Grand Canyon is closer to Arizona and Vegas -.-"

Anyway, the sight of this picture triggered me to think of something my taichi teacher used to tell me back when I was practicing it. What?? I'm telling the truth la, I used to practice taichi for a short while when I was in Form 4/Form5, and much longer before that, when I was in primary school, I practiced a few years of kungfu! Darn, I know you guys won't believe it!! Nevermind!!

Back to the topic, so my taichi teacher used to tell me: "Go with the flow".

It's like a chain reaction, when I thought of this phrase, I begin to remember what the trainers used to tell us when we go camping in a forest reserve when I was actively involved in the scouts movement (maroon color 3 sticks badge if you know what that means) in high school.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If ever you find yourself trapped in a rapidly flowing river *read river, not stream/longkang*, please bear this in mind: always go with the flow. Do not try to oppose the current, even if your destination is in that direction.

You may not know where the river flow takes you to, but every rapid has it's end, and you can wade your way out easily after that. At least your life is spared. Who knows, maybe by going with the flow, you might be able to discover a new place, a new destination, a better destination.

But if you go against the rapids, you'll just strain yourself, and when your stamina finally gives in, you drown. Even if you are strong, your stamina might be better than others, but you're not robot, you'll just last abit longer than others. And then, while you're at it, who knows, maybe a log, or a big rock, might come your way and take you out. Either way, jalan mati 死路一条.

If you are even that much stronger than others, it might be wiser to notice that things are not quite right, then make your way to the banks and make your exit while you still have to energy to do so, before it's too late. You can instead walk along the river, no need to insist on jumping into it, or staying in it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I also recall a chatter with a pakcik in a kampung while I was doing a countryside visit with 1 of the holiday camps I joined during high school...

Kalau nak ke mana-mana, jalan sungai lagi cepat dan senang, tapi kenalah kalau tempat yang nak pergi tu dekat dengan sungai. Kalau sungai tak sampai, atau arus bertentangan, susah juga. Tapi kampung ni ada 2 sungai, tengoklah nak ke mana. Kalau tak, jalan pun boleh.
[If you wanna go anywhere, going by river is much faster and more convenient, but your destination needs to be close to the river. If it's not accessible by river, or it is upstream, then it's tough too. But this village has 2 rivers, depends on where you wanna go. Otherwise, you can walk too.]

Yeah... sometimes, if the river is really not good for you, instead of wasting your time straying further away from your destination, you should make the correct choice of getting out and look for another river that is good for you, or use other means of traveling instead.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Rivers are amazing, aren't they? Like the ancient Chinese wise men say: 水能载舟,亦能覆舟. Water can float a boat, can also sink it.

No comments: