Tuesday, February 10, 2009

牛劲@Triggered by Another Post, again

I don't know why, but quite frequently, when I read this certain someone's posts, I would feel a very strong trigger to make a responding post..

It might be quite blunt and rude, sorry... but.... hahaha...

Referring to this post...

At least for me, I have never seen any case in which a single girl gets older, she gets more desperate. Actually, I think it's the other way round. Usually, the younger girls would make alot of noise about wanting to get married soon, and make much more noise when they receive a red bomb from their friends.

The older female friends I have (from various online communities and chat rooms I used to hangout in last time) usually would just... give up being desperate and take their time looking for the right man. I think it probably comes from this mindset: "I'm not young anymore, I can't afford to simply pick 1 guy and then screw up again, have to hit the right one this time."

I personally think that we're not in ancient China anymore. The "girls must marry young" notion is simply similar to a certain political party in the country: SUDAH TIDAK RELEVAN.

It's true that girls nowadays are in a stronger position financially and career wise. The thing is, we still have this conservative idea that the guy must be more dominant in terms of money ie. earn more money than the girl. That's why younger girls like to pick older men as partners, because similar age guys graduating together and earning more or less the same level of income is simply out of the equation.

People say, girls are much earlier to mature than guys in terms of thinking. I beg to differ. I think it's the environment you grow up in that determines your maturity. That's why, for me, age gap works both ways. I am 1 of those who don't mind if the girl is older than me (which was also precisely why Elene entered my life), but the age gap should be minimal, probably 2, maximum 3 years difference, guy older or girl older will do.

Which is why I think some older girls exhibit Point #3 of this blog post I am responding to. When a girl gets older, the younger guys begin to pick up in their career, so security wise is not such a big problem anymore, and age gap wise, being with a guy 2-3 years younger is probably easier than an ahpek 10 years older.

1 last thought from me, not just the guys, girls get more attractive as they get older, too.. until... I would say until about 35, +/- 5, depending on how the girl takes care of herself. Actually it's more or less the same for guys, when u hit the 40 mark, you'd start to show signs of getting old, whether you like it or not. For me, there's no such thing as: as you get older, girls decrease in value, guys increase in value. It's the same for all, you go up, and you come down...

That's about it from me...

2 comments:

AsX said...

Well, man, nicely opposed. But think of it, I am from a different world, a place where it takes 20 years to build up to the mature society as your hometown. Just try to compare single ladies between both places, you could already tell the difference. So, still relevant to me. That's y my friend, 'Chicken', called me up begging for me to remove his name else the girls I was referring to would find trouble with him.

Maybe when you get to my age, your perspective would change, who knows. :p

AsX said...

By the way, as for Point 3, the guys were 5-7 years younger. Ssssh, i didn't say this :P