Monday, March 23, 2009

Frustrated

Not sure if it's a good day today... it probably is bad...

I was coughing non stop since waking up this morning, and the.. the.. kahak/痰, forgot what's it called in English.. was coming out in droves. Those were still manageable, but somewhere around 11am, I was at the toilet, trying to spit out some of those sticky stuff, when I spotted red in the basin..

Wtf?! Blood? I've never spitted out blood before! So.. I got panic, to a short leave, and went to the clinic to get some consultation, just to play safe.. turns out, my throat was bruised due to the coughing and hence the blood, and not some internal bleeding which I feared...

So I went back to office and continued with the never ending pile of workload...

Was supposed to have a briefing session at the company gym, we need to attend 1 of those to be granted access to the gym on our own. I registered, was scheduled twice, the 1st I declined due to excessive emotional instability (I just got news of Elene), the second came after I have planned and arranged everything for my leave days (clashed dates) so I declined as well, today it'd be the third time scheduling, which I finally thought would be alright to accept, and accepted..

It was supposed to start at 6pm, but I was tied up in critical tasks and emergency meeting until 6.05pm, rushed to the sports complex to get changed and head to the gym, but I was then effectively 20minutes late, and the instructor told me to join the next session..

Before I left, he topped up something which under normal circumstances should be fine, but it somehow really got on my nerve at that moment...

"If you are really interested to use the gym, please dedicate the time to come for this session. The gym is for serious people. It's not much, just 40 minutes, I'm sure you can get back to your work after that"

Thank you very much for your comment. So I should just prioritise the gym access over my critical tasks? Especially at "wonderful" economic times like this? What would you have done? I said, I was tied up in an emergency meeting, can't just leave like that can I? Can I??

And, for goodness sake, actually I wasn't really intending to seriously do the gym stuff. I really just wanted access to the treadmill during the weekends. It's not like I really need your briefing on how to use those machines, how to warm up, stretch your sexy legs whatsoever, right? Seems like even wanting this get complicated when it comes to me.. damn...

Of course I didn't say these to that instructor lah.. No point making enemies right? I just said sorry (unwillingly) and left...

I wonder if I should just withdraw from the scheduling, since I can foresee the work pile getting to yet another level very soon. Maybe I should just stick to jogging in nearby housing estates... hmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jogging is good enough jor le.. now u hv to rush like hell jus to get into gym :S somemore what u wanna is is threadmill only.. jogging will be as good as that gua.. ...

RealGunners said...

eh? who r u ah? anon tim..