Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wealth Protection

I'm sick of being told that buying insurance is wealth protection for you. I know you are trying to score a sales, but I already bought one for myself last year, and I don't intend on getting another one anytime soon. I won't be able to afford it at the moment anyway...

When you keep bullshitting about this insurance is wealth protection for you, what you do is just remind me from a quote from Rich Dad:

When the bank tells you your house is an asset, they are not lying to you, they just fail to tell you whose asset it is. Your house is actually the bank's asset and your liability.

By my definition, to protect your own wealth, you need to be in control of it, including how you wanna use it, when you wanna use it, and it being easily accessible when you need it. Keeping your money in the bank, buying real estate, buying securities, mutual fund, etc..

When someone comes and tell me something like, life insurance is wealth protection for you, it always got me baffled. What those packages do is that you pay your monthly premium, and you won't be able to access them unless you get some serious illness, or when you die the money will be passed on to your family. You basically have no access to the fortune if you are alive and well.

When the insurance agent tells you that life insurance is wealth protection, they are not lying, they just fail to mention the truth. Life insurance protects your wealth FROM you, more than it protects your wealth for you.

But then, of course, that's just my personal opinion. And when my opinion is as such, 1 policy is enough for me, I won't feel like I need many more of these things...

No comments: