Sunday, May 24, 2009

Annual Phenomena

I'm talking about the haze... jerebu... 烟雾...

I remember when I was small, this hateful state of weather would occur every few years, and the reason was the hot weather caused forest fires in Sumatera and the wind blew the haze over to us...

Now, it's becoming an annual occurrence annoyance... we know that it's not forest fires, but deliberate burning of the forests by those guys across the Straights of Malacca.


It pains me when nothing is done to stop this thing. Whatever actions being talked up are just all talk and no do.. This really sucks... The haze, it's bad for our health... and it disrupts our life..

Actually, I just wanna complain, because it disrupts my weekend jogs.. like this morning, I wake up, wanted to go out to do a few laps around i-Avenue, but gave up after seeing the haze. I'm afraid if I go jogging, it will do me more harm than good...

On another note, the temperature is ridiculous lately... it used to feel like Malaysia, where I can stand under the hot sun for the whole day without much trouble. Now it feels like Dubai, where standing outside for 10 minutes turns you into roasted pig...

Show you proof of how bad it is...

My total exposure under the sun was just from my apartment to my car about 200 meters away, and then back, and....


See the difference in colour? This picha taken with the camera on my shoulder...

Sighzzz.....

4 comments:

ThinkING said...

everyone gets the effect of global warming. Let's start save the earth. Recycle, reuse, rethink.
Say no to polystyrene!! Say no to plastic bag!! Say no to open burning!! and say no to "fart" :p

RealGunners said...

hehehehehe luckily i stop farting d :P

Belle said...

Wat luet luet woh~~

*lynne* said...

Uh oh, it's that time of year again? or rather.. it's happening again? Time for all that fingerpointing to open burning in Indonesia, right? :p

Glad I'm not around to experience it. I still remember one of the worst jerebu times was back in '98 - dang even I felt difficulty breathing, and I don't have any asthma or any such respiratory illness!

... I remember clothes hung out to dry smelling like smoke to ... yuck!

... all the best making it through yet another round of this stuff !!

[dropping by via Blog Explosion, btw]