Monday, August 24, 2009

Weakling ah you??

I was down with mild fever today, went to the clinic, and the doctor told me that most probably, 99%, it's just a lousy fever, not H1N1, don't worry, but you'd better take some med, go home sleep it out for the day and see what happens tomorrow to be safe...

The doctor also told me that masks are out of stocks, not just in his clinic, but throughout Penang and probably the whole Malaysia too, "Wear mask! Go buy! We have lots of stock!" are just political bullsh*t by certain quarters...


Anyway, I took the medicine and headed straight back the my rented place... ate roti, ate medicine, and slept for a few hours, thank goodness the fever is gone now, false alarm I suppose...

Was chatting with an old friend thru the MSN just now. This fella is currently based in Bangkok, I shall not reveal too much about what he does there, apparently it's not as a secret agent or undercover (I hope)...

I basically lamented about being poked fun of being a weakling paranoid, always going to the clinic for petty things. Apparently, he understood my feelings, he too had his fair share of minor illness while being away from home...

While at it, he gave me a few tips on how to stay healthy away from home, which I think I wanna share here. I did not go and print screen what he mentioned, but I'll try to be as original from his words as I can below:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1. GO TO THE CLINIC FOR ANY ILLNESS

Small illness is manageable, but if you leave them alone until they get big enough, then you're screwed. You're on your own, remember? If you fall sick, you are the one whose supposed to take care of youself. Mommy is not around you know? What happens if one day you find yourself lying in the bed, too sick to even call the hospital, wait die lo...

I have friends what...

Hahahahaha!!!! So optimistic ah?? Do you think your friends will give that much of a sh*t on what happens to you? The most you should expect is some gesture of concern, text messages asking you to rest more la, get well soon la... You think friends will go over to your place and make you nice porridge or soup? C'mon la... if they will, that's bonus... but you should not be expecting them...

......

2. INFORM AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN WHEN YOU ARE SICK

Ahh... ask you something... if 1 day la, you're down with high fever, or worse, fainted in your room, do you think anybody will realise?

Erm....

No need erm la dumbass, let me tell you, the answer is NO. Maybe yes lah, if your housemates is the concern @ kepoh type la, everytime will knock your door and wait for your response one.. otherwise.... hahahahaha..

Well...

Do you go out for lunch or dinner with your mates?

Sometimes lo...

And if one day, if you didn't answer their calls when they wanna ask you out for dinner, what do you think will happen? Will they worry that something might happen to you?

Erm..

I'll tell you what will happen. More likely, they will get pissed off because you didn't answer their phone call, and speculate things like you went out to kao lui no time to answer their calls, UNLESS, you let them know earlier that you're sick, then they might suspect that something is wrong lah... and that's a big MIGHT...

(I do recall a certain friend who fainted in his room for 1 whole day and his housemates did not realize it, here, so I know full well things like this might happen)

3. DON'T OVERESTIMATE YOURSELF

Don't overdo anything la, especially work. It's really not worth it working thru the night all the time and then fall sick lah, this is called counter-productive. If you really have to work sh*t shifts, make sure you get enough rest before and after that.

(Haihzzz, spot on)

4. EAT WELL

You are already deprived of mommy's cooking, so you should really eat well out there. Try to eat healthier food la, get some soup from those restaurant occasionally, eat more fruits, drink more water, etc la... Food therapy is a good way to reduce stress too...

(Totally agree)

5. THE ULTIMATE TIP

Get yourself a chick...

WHAT??!!

No, really, seriously... this will take care of point 1, 2 and 4 for you, especially if she has family nearby... Girlfriend will more likely worry about you and take care of you if you really fall sick...

But.. but... I'm not even sure if I'll settle down here or not, I might just head back to KL after rolling around for a few years here...

Just go get one la, you can always bring her home with you, or easier, ditch her, when you decide you're done in Penang...

...... I don't think I'll do that......

Then eat yourself la, you're destined to be screwed up la....

......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thanks mate (you know who you are), that's... refreshing... =.="

Hope refreshes you guys as well....

1 comment:

kenwooi said...

haha.. people are more careful during the h1n1 season huh? =P

kenwooi.com