Wednesday, October 28, 2009

20Cents: Parting Ways

I've been forgetting this story for almost 5 months huh... I don't really know how to write this anymore, guess I'll just jump straight to the unhappy part...
----------
Their relationship has never been quite the same as what you expect of most couples. They never mess each other up with their friends. He still go out with his friends, she still go out with her friends, and they never brag about each other in front of their friends, much.

They don't meet up and go dating as much as most couples do. And with the invention of the MSN Messenger, they don't even call each other up much.

But when they do go on dates, every moment was special, every moment was passionate, every moment was loving, every moment was memorable. They never got into quarrels, not even once. And they know each other by heart, to the core. It was as if they were tailor made for each other.

Two years into this relationship, on one rainy day, on a random date, while coming out of the cinema from a movie,

"Gor, I got something wanna tell you. Let's go for drinks"

"What what? Tell now la"

"Dowan la, let's go for a drink la!"

" :S, okok"

Fast forward to Starbucks...

"Gor, I'm going to enter my final year soon"

"Good la, I still got 2 years plus, cham la, you going to graduate faster than me"

"I'm not going to continue my final year here"

"Why ah???"

"The fees too expensive???"

"You remember I joined the uni contest, the prize is scholarship to Melbourne U? I just received offer letter"

". . . . . ."

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

"Gor..."

"Oh... well... erm..."

"I dowan to go alone, I will miss you terribly one, gor u come with me ok? You apply for uni in Melbourne also la, we work part time together to pay your fees"

"It's not that straightforward one, you know"

"Then I dowan go also la"

"Don't like that la, long term wise, you should go. You don't get a scholarship to study in Australia and give it up just like that, right? How are you going to tell your mom?"

"But... but... :'( "

"You think la, seriously, if you don't go, will you regret when it is too late?"

". . . . . ."

"I know I'll miss you much more terribly than you'll miss me,"... "Impossible"... "but if it is up to me, you should grab this opportunity"

"I don't know..."

"We'll keep in touch, ok? We'll do webcam sessions as much as possible, ok? I'll try to save up and fly over there and visit you, ok?"

"Promise?"

"Promise.. unless..."

"Unless what??!!"

"Unless, you manage to bump into some gwai lou that's better than me over there, and you decide to... you know... I won't stand in your way if that might happen... although I don't think I'll bump into anyone better than you... hmm..."

"NO!!! Never!!! Don't suggest that!!!"

"Yala yala!! Never la! Wait you graduate and come back la!"

"But then, I guess I won't stand in your way too if you feel lonely while I'm gone for the 2 years... I feel bad enough to leave you to pursue my dream, I won't want you to suffer because of me..."

"200% Never"

"Ok, never, we're meant for each other ya?"

"Of course"

She left for Melbourne a month later. He did not go and send her off in the airport, firstly is because the family were not supposed to know of their relationship, and secondly is because he was afraid he would not be able to say goodbye.

Deep inside, he knew it was going to be tough...

6 comments:

kenwooi said...

relationship.. but why call you "GOR".. ?? O.O

kenwooi.com

RealGunners said...

It was what she call me when we first met, so it was kept that way..

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

wow...


realy mushy

RealGunners said...

thanks

ADrian said...

Dat was nice..:)...i know wat ur goin tru:).....is not goin to be easy but hang on der :)

RealGunners said...

my story is not finished yet..