Saturday, October 10, 2009

Belanja Makan Session

I made a promise, I'm going to belanja makan to my friends in Penang if I manage to get a job here, as an appreciation for the support and help I received.

Somehow, it didn't quite materialize, due to one reason or another, and soon, my relocation bonus moved on to other purposes. After awhile, we never mention this promise anymore.

But.. I never forgot this promise at all. I was waiting for another chunk of money to come my way before I made the proposal again, and this chunk materialized in the form of my conversion bonus, convert from contract to permanent employee.


Attendees: Me, Cath, Bing, Cannas, WingYew, Abo(LimYuen)
Date Time: 9-Oct-2009 (Friday), 7.00pm
Location:


Xuan Xin Restaurant @ Gurney Plaza

Packet Towel RM0.80 each

I think this restaurant is a bit like Dragon-i, those posh Chinese restaurant smack inside a shopping mall.

Snacks RM2.00

Except that it is more towards coziness instead of Dragon-i's grandeur. And the price is cheaper too.

Seasoning provided on the table

There were 6 of us, we ordered a Set For 4, 2 soups, and another ala carte dish.

Steamed Black Chicken Soup with Herbal 药材燉乌鸡汤 RM8.80

Hot n Sour Szechuan Soup 四川酸辣羹 RM6.00

The soups were okay, I personally didn't feel any extraordinarily about them.

Ala Carte @ Braised Bean Curd with Fresh Golden Mushroom

This is quite delectable, the bean curd (or more commonly known as tofu) was cooked till perfectly soft and tangible, gravy taste great, and topped up with nice chunk of vege. I love vege :-)

Set E (recommended for 3-4 pax) - RM48.80

Deep Fried Pork Chop with Black Pepper Sauce 黑椒猪扒王

Crispy Fish Fillet with Salted Egg Yolk (forgot the Chinese name =.=)

Stewed Chicken Cube with Basil Leaf in Claypot 三杯滑鸡煲

There's another Seasonal Vegetable 清炒时菜 where you get to pick from a few choices of vege. I forgot to take the picture of that because it looks quite ordinary.

Oh and the set comes with rice as well..

And forgive me if some of the pictures are quite blurry. You see, I'm still not too familiar with how to fully utilize my new phone's camera capability. Am in the midst of getting used to it.

The food was good, and the environment quite serene. I'd say it's worth the money if you feel like spending a bit more money to have a better meal at a comfortable environment.

And, I know, although I was the one footing the bill,

Thanks mates, for accepting invites and coming. If I get more goodies in the coming future, for example big increment or promotion, then let's do this again ya? :-)

No comments: