Thursday, January 28, 2010

One thing I hate about Singapore...

... is that when you buy things, almost nothing costs the price you see on the price tag.

A bloody set meal in a restaurant that the menu shows S$28 will somehow end up being ~S$40 in the receipt...

A bloody t-shirt that shows S$170 in the price tag (even the normal price is bloody mahal already lo, it's just a lousy t-shirt) will end up being ~S$200 if you take it to the cashier...

Even a stick of roadside sotong ball that the menu at the stall shows S$4, when I pay S$4, the auntie said: "S$4.50"...

@#$%!^&*<>? Why don't they bloody just add up the GST price into the total price instead? Not stating the GST in the price is a very sly move. It misleads tourists and innocent boys like me...


Oh ya... btw, I heard rumours that our beloved 1Malaysia is going to implement GST soon, too... or is it news instead of rumours? Forgive me, I haven't been reading news for quite some time already...

6 comments:

kenwooi said...

really? i've never experienced things like that before in SG..
okay, maybe i rarely go there.. =P

kenwooi.com

K. Restoule said...

We have a GST here in Canada as well. I just come to expect it.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Francesca Ivy said...

Is that so? I'm slated to visit SG (with my mom & little boy) a few months from now. Thanks for the heads-up about the 'prices.' I wish they would have included the taxes in the purchase instead of being surprised over something I would want to pay for.

Dak Wan® said...

Put up a low price upfront, then add in service charge, tips, GST, parking, lepaking time, bla bla bla.... then wonder why almost all Singaporean are shopping in JB! Hehehe

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I contemplate the brief should prepare more info then it has.