Saturday, January 02, 2010

The "So Called" Movie Marathon

I took the day off last Wednesday... leave that need not be logged into the system because I was working overnight and over the weekends for the past couple of weeks...

I decided to chill out by going for a movie marathon at GSC Queensbay by myself...

I intended to watch 3 movies...

First movie:


Now, I heard a lot of bad comments about this movie...

Seriously, what's wrong with these guys? I thought the movie was pretty cool.. I mean, when we go for this type of movie, we always know that the main purpose to watch it is stuff like this:


Who cares about how the plot goes, or how is the acting of who and who? As long as I get my share of Swoosssshhhhhh~~~~, Baaaaannnnnggggggg~~~~~, Piinngggg Piiiaaannnnggggg~~~ effects, that's great enough what...

Movie was 12.15pm till 2.05pm... next movie was 2.45pm, so I had 40 minutes to go to toilet, and grab a quick lunch...

Here's where I had my lunch:


It's a newly open food court at Queensbay, on the same floor as the cinema... Initially I thought this was where Neway would be opening at, apparently I was wrong...

Settled for something from the Hot Plate & Claypot stall:

Hot Plate Chicken Rice with Mushroom and Egg

For RM6.90, you get a big bowl of rice (ensure you are full after this meal), 3 pieces of chicken bones, 3 slices of mushroom, a few strips of cabbage/carrot, an egg (below the chicken/mushroom) and the sauce...

There's nothing much I could say about the food, typical food court food, overpriced and slightly less yummy...

Second movie:


Well, I agree this is not a movie suitable for everyone, if you don't appreciate history, you probably won't like this movie.

A mystery actor made a cameo appearance in the beginning of the movie, just 1 minute though...


After watching this, I couldn't help but wonder, are we so different from these guys? The way our country is currently?

I look at the newspaper tycoon, and I see our parents' generation: generally discontent with the current situation, but too cowardly to openly protest;

I look at his son, and I see our generation: discontent, more informed of the current corrupt ways, and more daring to protest (我不做亡国奴!!!);

I look at the mystery actor, and the person they were trying to protect throughout the movie, and I wonder, don't we have political assassination here too?

I look at the Qing general, blindly supporting his emperor, even to the extent of murder, don't we have those guys here too? You know which guys I'm referring to.

And I look at the civilians killed in their mission to protect that man, to help change the country,
don't we have people who sacrificed themselves for the bigger cause here too?

History tells us that their sacrifices were not wasted, the revolt was finally successful... Since our situation are so similar... hmmm... let's keep our fingers crossed...

Alright, after this second movie which was slightly longer than the first, ended about 5pm, I was kind of dazed already, so I decided against a third movie.

The "so-called" movie marathon ended with just 2 movies... what a let down... haih... old already lah... cannot tahan too much movies continuously....

2 comments:

ThinkING said...

hey, not because you are old. I believe you could finish 3 movies if you keep "Bodyguards and Assassins" as the last one. It is a bit "heavy" to digest. :)

RealGunners said...

erm.. then maybe i'll try 3 other movies this week :P