Sunday, May 02, 2010

The Unexpected Adventures in Kiasuland

I had a 6-hours waiting time at Changi for my flight to Hong Kong-San Francisco... I had expected to hang around at the Entertainment lounge/Starbucks... but my colleague insisted that we make the most of our trip, so... rather reluctantly, I followed him to the MRT station...




Having nowhere better to go, we decided to head to the Singapore Flyer... the nearest station (according to the information counter staff) is City Hall...

We got a nasty shock when we got off... this station is linked with many shopping malls... Citylink Mall, Esplanade, Marina Square, Raffles Shopping Centre etc... we followed the signboard that shows 'Singapore Flyer' and walked through a series of shopping mall labyrinth, and then come out to see this...


Have absolutely no idea what this wheelie thing is doing here, but heck... picture first...

At first, we have no idea where we were. The Singapore Flyer was nowhere to be seen... we wandered around with the map for a few minutes, then, sensing that we would be wasting $$ and time if we just go back to the airport now, my GPS ability kicked into gear...

After scouting for another 30 seconds with the map,


Voila!

We proceeded to walk in that direction... it's not that near actually... after 5 minutes...


Closer, but not quite there yet...

After another 10 minutes under the fucking blazing sun, seeing this on the way,


Friggin' kiasuland style, people UK got duck-marine, they also wanna have duck-marine... *shakes head*

We also saw this:


F1 track? Cool...

Finally,


Arrive at the Singapore Flyer!

The flyer is facing this:


Not sure what that new building in construction would be... and the jetty is closed, too bad...


Apa tunggu lagi? Take photos lah...


The Singapore Flyer claims to be the largest/tallest Ferris Wheel in the whole damn world...


Right, the wheel is reeaaaaalllllyyyyyy HUGE... gotta give this one to them...


But the capsule is still smaller compared to the London Eye... seeing this with my own eyes confirmed my suspicion all this while...

We took another route on our way back to the City Hall MRT station... saw this building...


Or rather, 3 buildings connected by a skateboard looking platform at the top... don't know what is this building, and why is it so peculiarly shaped...

Also saw this unique looking bridge...


For space saving reasons, I compressed the above picture to document size.. on the original full size zoom, you would be able to see that the people taking pictures on that bridge are all lengluis (hot chicks)... Ya, I purposely mention this, and I purposely dowan to upload the original size photo one... hahahahaha~

Saw this durian looking building called the Esplanade Mall...


Which I found out much later in the SQ in-flight magazine that, this dome is really known as 'The Durian' by the locals... *impressive*

Then we headed back to the airport for lunch... we picked Earle Swensen's...

Here's the Steak Burger (S$18.90) that my colleague had...


This is the Chicken Poultry Combo (S$26.90) that I had...


My order entitles me to a free salad bar buffet...



I didn't manage to take good photos of Changi airport on my previous 'visits' here... now, armed with a real camera (although is a compact la)...

Terminal 3...


Another view, overlooking the baggage claims area below...


Toilet...


Boarding lounge...


Here's my ride to Hong Kong-San Francisco...


Time to continue my journey...

3 comments:

jfook said...

I wanna go to Singapore now after reading your post!

Jan said...

Haha! You need a guide! The bridge and the three building with the skate board thing are SG's latest attraction! The Helix Bridge and Narina Bay Sands Resort.

RealGunners said...

jfook: really? cool...

Jan: definitely need a guide!