Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jogging

I used to be a frequent jogger. Lately though, I haven't been so diligent about it due to one reason or another...

So today, I'm going to kick start the routine again of at least 3 times a week.

I read in a certain article by a so called workout guru on the net, can't remember his name, but the article mentioned something like this:

"A proper and effective workout would be a workout that requires you to keep changing pace. For example if you are jogging, you should run a bit, and then slow down and walk a bit, and then run again. Alternating between 200m of runs and 200m of walks would be a good way to do it, eventually upping the range to 500m the max.

If you want proof, just look at the athletes in the Olympics. You see those 100m/200m sprinters with well built bodies, have you ever seen any marathon runners have that kind of bodies?"

Hmm... makes sense... so I decided to follow this guideline today, I alternated 500m of running and then 500m of walking around the site and back, which in total is about 6km.

It was a great workout, lots of sweat and instantly I felt more refreshed, albeit very tired and having developed a bit of muscle tightness...

I might have overdone it though, in my 5 years old sports shoes...


Ouch!

Looks like I'ma need a new pair of shoes for the job...

No comments: