Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kampachi @ Equatorial Penang

Remember this?

I did not bring my camera for the E&O session, but I definitely did bring for this one...


Because this appreciation lunch session is only for an exclusive 15 or so people versus 150 people for the E&O lunch, I got quite a few jealous remarks from fellow colleagues...

"Huh? Work so hard for the event, the boss only belanja you Kampuchea restaurant?" (Kampuchea = Cambodia)

"Cheh, Lampachi restaurant, dunno eat what rubbish one laaaaa"

@.@"


Anyway, let's not bother about those naysayers, because I get to eat for free and they don't XD

Kampachi is actually a Japanese specialty restaurant in Penang's Equatorial Hotel. They do buffet on weekends, but for today, it is ala carte menu...

They seem to specialize in lots of Japanese wine too...


Overall the restaurant is quite nicely decorated, I would say. Nothing lavish, nothing complicated...

They even use fresh flower as deco on each table...


Let's cut to the main point: the food...

Don't know who ordered this sushi, so don't know what name is it, but it's our appetizer...


My main course: Makunouchi Bento (vegetarian) : RM54


Freakin' expensive, but who cares, not me paying :P ... Taste wise, so-so...

My leng-lui neighbor's main course: Kampachi Bento : RM66


It is more expensive than mine, but I think it is more worth it. Got some exquisitely fresh sashimi, some tempura prawns, a side of fish (not sure is unagi or salmon?) in the bento... naissss~

Overall, is a not bad appreciation lunch lah... but I still don't want to volunteer for next year celebration event committee @.@"

2 comments:

melmonica said...

Wow, freakin' expensive de bento. But luckily not you who pay it. Anyway, you should have ordered the most expensive 1 lolz!

Have a great long weekend! Cheerios x)

RealGunners said...

its sort of like fine japanese dining, that place, sumore located inside a hotel...