Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Joining the Android Gang

One year and one week after I bought my Samsung J800, exactly when the warranty became void, my phone decided that it hates my voice and the microphone died on me.

I couldn't send the phone back to the factory to get it fixed for free, and to be perfectly honest the phone hasn't been one of my better phone purchases anyway, so I decided to have revenge by just buying a new phone...

A better phone...

A phone that is the nemesis of Apple, a phone with Android...

This phone:


HTC Wildfire, the cheapest of the Android phones on offer from HTC, at a retail price of RM1199.


The second cheapest HTC Android phone is the Aria, which retails at RM1799. The Aria is actually just a phone that has a slightly bigger screen and a slightly faster processor but much much more expensive than the Wildfire, so I think I made a good choice here...


Many people asked me: "Why not take the package from Maxis?"


My answer would be: I'm paying RM30/month for my phone bill right now, if I took the package from Maxis, I would be paying RM600 less for the phone, but RM68 more every month for 2 years.


Not a good deal if you ask me. I mean, yeah I know that I would get the data plan with unlimited internet usage, which if I don't have, my phone would be rubbish.

And I don't care, because I plan to use my phone as a phone with slightly more apps than a normal phone and can get online at wi-fi spots.


For example, this app...


The camera is not that great though, never been a powerful feature of HTC anyway, 5MP camera takes picture of this quality...


I've got my Powershot A3000IS to take care of my quality photography needs though (I mean my needs here, not the needs of some pros or DSLR wannabes)...

And hopefully this Android phone is more durable than the tantrum throwing Samsung...

2 comments:

Casendra said...

Hahaha... I also heard about the Samsung phone designed, ngam ngam one year it will automatically committed suicide...

HTC is reliable, enjoy using it! :)

RealGunners said...

yeah, am enjoying it more and more, although certain Apple factions dislikes me now :-D