Sunday, January 16, 2011

Random weekend babblings

Every week, there are 2 days that I quite dread: Saturday and Sunday...

*wtf? are ye outta yer mind??*

You see, on weekdays, my life is dictated by my job: go to work, jog/basketball, read some articles, youtube, sleep.

On weekends however, I always find I have nothing better to do...

I'm working 380km away from home, and this means I don't get to sleep in on my comfy bed or enjoy the perks of being around family and home. The cost of my rented room means it is not half as comfortable or half as cosy compared to home, and as a result, staying there for the whole day is quite a terrible ordeal. In fact my rented place is just a place for me to go back to shower and sleep at night...

I don't have very many friends around here, and the ones around are more or less couple-couple so hanging out with them is not really a good option.

My favorite thing to do is to find some place with air cond so that I can sit down and read a book, this activity can normally kill a few hours of my time easily...


Problem is though, these places usually spell as Starbucks, Winter Warmer's, Apex Coffee or McDonalds. It's not exactly the cheapest of places, so going to these places weekly causes considerable damage to my wallet.

Sometimes I end up driving back to the office, because there's a nice chair for me in my cubicle, there's air cond, and there's free internet... Lately though, the company shuts down air cond for office area in the weeekend, the internet firewall blocks out youtube and many other sites so, wandering back to the office over the weekends suddenly becomes less of an attractive proposition...

I wonder what else is there for me to do...

4 comments:

Casendra said...

==' sigh... how about... pick a hill and hike? easy kill few hours of the day...

RealGunners said...

unfortunately i don't know the hills in penang well.. :(

Casendra said...

Ooo...my friend said there got a Dam ah? Hehe... try look see look see lo...

RealGunners said...

i shall :D