Sunday, May 01, 2011

Penang drivers

I've been staying in Penang for the best part of 3 years now...

Before I came, I've heard amazing stories of the remarkable "driving skills" of Penangites...

Time has proven those stories right... crazy motorbikes, crazy cut queues, meaningless signals lights, meaningless accelerations and brakings, going 30km/h on a straight empty road.. and so on...

Most of these madness (or idiocy, or stupidity if I wanna use blunt words) I've already get myself accustomed to, so nowadays I can pretty much drive my way around them...

There's one, the ultimate one, that I still cannot figure out how to avoid though...

This ultimate idiocy is called: Rapidly Cutting Lane While Turning Corner

I don't understand why Penang drivers like to do this...

It's not like you are experiencing understeer/oversteer, you're leaving the traffic lights...

And it's very dangerous... you cut into other people's lane while turning, what if he/she didn't see you? BANG!!

And if he/she see you, he/she either cut into the barricade and BANG!!, or he/she slow down, the car behind didn't see and BANG!!

Not good.. not good at all... tsk tsk tsk...

2 comments:

Casendra said...

Aahahaha... kesian... must be stress up...cant do much but just pray and open eye big big =='

RealGunners said...

always am :)