Body not feeling that well today, so decided to make some porridge, make for housemates too, so portion for 3 it is...
1. 1 x USA potato
2. 1 x Organic carrot
3. 500g minced pork
4. 1 x cup of rice
5. salt for marinate; soy sauce,sesame oil and pepper for taste adjusting
1. Peel potato and carrot.
2. Dice them into very very very very very very small cubes.
3. Actually, before step 1 and 2, rinse the minced pork and finger f**k the pork to soften the texture. Then marinate them with salt.
4. Wash 1 cup of rice, pour into the pot.
5. Add 2.5 times more water than you normally use for the same portion for cooking rice in rice cooker. Add less and you get wet rice, add more and you get soup.
6. Turn the fire to max, let the rice and water boil.
7. Once boiling, turn down the fire to smallest, add in the potatoes and carrots.
8. Cook for 40 minutes. Stir every 1-2 minutes or so. DO NOT leave the pot unattended throughout, else everything will stick to the bottom of the pot and you'll end up calling McD Delivery for dinner instead.
9. Throw the minced pork in chunks into the porridge in making, throw as hard as you can. If the porridge mixture splashes out of the pot when you throw the pork in, it means you are still not at the right thickness. (OPTIONAL: Add 1 egg into the mix.)
10. Stir for another 5 minutes. If you do the finger f**king thing in step 3, the minced pork will spread out evenly when stirring. If you didn't, you'll have pork chunks porridge instead of minced pork porridge.
11. Serve. Do not pre-mix any pepper or soy sauce or sesame oil into the pot of porridge, different people have different taste. Let the respective eaters do that themselves.
13. Clean up.
14. Job done.