Saturday, July 02, 2011

Weekend Ramblings



I'm back in KL for the weekend for the customary bi-monthly haircut and a special Transformers occasion...

Dad is ironically, in Penang today, sis is 1 month into her summer semester stint in Liverpool, bro is off somewhere mountain climbing, so it is just me and mom and grandma spending some quality time at home lolzz...

I just realized my past 5 posts have been about food, and 8 out of the last 10 have been about food. This scares me, to be honest. I'm not a food blogger, nor do I intend to be one. I believe there's millions more food bloggers out there already and will do a much better job than I am at blogging about food...

I'm wondering why I haven't been blogging about any other things lately, then I discovered the truth, rather disturbingly: Facebook has killed my blog!

You see, I used to be blogging about things that I find interesting throughout the journey that is called my life. Lately though, when I made an interesting discovery, I will just scribble something on my Facebook wall. It is a shame, but true: Facebooking is so much more convenient that blogging =.="

But I love my blog, so I feel disturbed that I have been lazy to update it properly. I shall try to pay more attention to you, as best as I can, from now on, blog...

This morning, I fetched my mom to the pasar a.k.a morning market. I do that at least once every time I come back from Penang. Bought quite a bit of heavy stuff, but that's not the point.

Mom frequents a certain shop that sells organic stuff, located in the heart of the market. Today, the organic auntie saw me and said: "Eh you just came back from Penang? I saw the news said many people go to the streets to protest Lim Guan Eng. Must be very messy up there hor? You better careful a bit when you go out ah."

I very politely replied back that Penang is doing fine, uncle Lim is like a hero there, everyone loves him, no mess, those so called protests are 1Niajib's propaganda, etc etc.

Mana tau, she said me back: "Eh, Astro also got show la, it's on TV, it's real one! Walao you live there you so blur one ah? Later blur blur go out kena kill then you know."

Made me speechless, I didn't reply her anymore then, felt that there was no point arguing. But I do feel disappointed. 1Niajib & Company is exactly counting on their propaganda to achieve these. They know they will never win back Penang. The news that they put up on TV will have no effect on Penangites. But that is not their intention.

Their bluff on TV are aimed at people from other states, people who do not know the real deal. People who really think it is very bad to let opposition win. And if more people thinks like the organic auntie, then sadly, it means the bluff worked, and come GE13, it will still not be an easy walkover.

If only the organic auntie knows how to Facebook...

I seemed to manage to persuade mom though, told her all those protesters in Penang are either 1Niajib's goons, or outsiders ferried in by buses to cause trouble, told her also how well Penang is doing under uncle Lim. Hopefully she will believe all the way.

Not up to me to worry though, need to prep my Toyota Myvi up, later in the evening it shall transform into Jambeatter and get me to this place,


for some "Roll Out!" actions...


Hopefully it will be good, it is supposed to be the final movie of the franchise...

2 comments:

Casendra said...

no need be shameful lah. people change from time to time. personal stuff, as long as you are happy, just go with it lo. see, now u are back on track. kekeke...

RealGunners said...

hopefully this lasts :P