Sunday, September 25, 2011

My 3rd Ride @ Loveland

Jump queue post... this post is a continuation of this...

When I reached Avis to get a car change, there was no need to negotiate for which car to get, the auntie at the counter said: "We only have the Lincoln Town Car or Kia Forte at the moment."

I don't want Forte, so basically I was just left with the Lincoln. So I took the Lincoln rather reluctantly, because the last time I came I had this type of car too.

Fate would have it that less than 24 hours after I got that Lincoln, some random stone hit the windscreen and a crack developed. So... off I went to get another replacement car, for my replacement car. Gotta admit that I wasn't a tiny bit sad at all that I get to choose another car...

This time, this is what I got, my 3rd car:


The Nissan Rogue, Murano's little brother SUV.


You must be wondering, there's no such car in Malaysia. That is because this car goes by a different chassis in Malaysia. Does the X-Trail sounds familiar to you?


I have to say, I absolutely love this car. Mainly there's 3 reasons:

1. There's no intelligent headlamps/sensors/interior dim that goes on when you least expect them to; what it has is simple dashboard and buttons where it goes on when you press on and off when you press off.

2. There's no V8 with below 160 horse power engine and 10 tonnes heavy and gets overturned when you do cornering at close to 30 mph; what is has is 2.5L engine that spells 180 horse power with AWD system and does cornering at 70 mph without breaking a sweat.

3. There's no unresponsive gas pedal that urges you to keep flooring it to make the car go; what it has is a techy dashboard meter that shows your fuel economy with a real time gauge to tell you what MPG you are currently doing. This keeps you focused on driving fast while keeping your foot light whenever possible.


And there's a big boot.


I don't like the look of the X-Trail, but this Rogue, I absolutely love. I'm gonna wanna get this car again, IF I ever come to US again...

No comments: