Thursday, October 13, 2011

LA: Hollywood Universal

After 3 weeks, it was Bye Bye to Loveland (again), and Hola, Los Angeles (again)...

Having had the eye-opening-but-less-than-ideal experience last time around, I decided to do things differently this time. Had a quick breakfast at the hotel,


and then, instead of trying to book a city tour or locating the public transport hub, we made our way to the nearest Avis and got ourselves into one of this:


Ford Focus, this is supposed to be the car built on Mazda3's platform. But I can assure you, it is nothing like it's Japanese counterpart. It drives much like a typical American car, and drinks petrol very very much like an American car. Am not gonna elaborate more, I hope you understand what I mean.

Anyway, it does the job of getting us from A to B, so that's good...

Our first stops of the day was much like my first visit: to Hollywood Boulevard and Universal City. Instead of driving to Universal City, we drove to Hollywood and parked our car in a certain Hollywood & Highland shopping mall. Because parking at Universal City was $20 and parking at H&H was $5.

I'm not going to talk much about Hollywood, you can read them from my last visit here.

But, driving to Hollywood and making it our first stop in the morning does have its advantages. For example, there is no crowds and we get to walk around more relaxingly. We also get to see interesting things on the floor.





To save on the parking fees, we took the Metro (some sort of LRT/MRT in LA) to Universal City.


Again, I don't have much to elaborate on this place, you can read my review on this place on my last visit here and here.

There's Universal Studio that charges exorbitant entrance fee, there's a Hard Rock cafe, there's bla bla bla bla bla,,,


The main reason I came here again because the person travelling with me is a first timer in LA, so... yeah... you got the idea...

I did spot something interesting though...


Apparently the girl above was getting married having her 15th birthday celebration. How do I know? Because I asked her, flirted a bit, and got her laid asked the shop attendant of a souvenir shop that she went into. I also learned that in the States, every birthdays from 15 to 21 years old are big affairs, especially for the girls...

3 comments:

Casendra said...

haih, your blog makes me wanna go travel again. hahaha...

dia tak nampak macam 15 pun...hahahahaha

RealGunners said...

go go go~ =D

mai ane la... she said 15, ma 15 lo... =P

Casendra said...

:P okok... hahahahahahahhaahaha