Friday, December 30, 2011

Ahmoi.com

I used to be quite active in the dating friendship community websites when I was in high school, probably some 10 years ago. This hobby was forgotten after I got into an actual relationship some time in college, and it never really caught back on to me after the break up.

One such site was Ahmoi.com. I know the name sounds ham sap, but trust me, it used to be a very casual friendship community where you look for friends. And I did find quite a few friends there. But that's not the point.

The point is, I received some sort of notification mail from this site just now, and I don't know what possessed me today, but I ended up opening that website again to check how it is doing now. I was given a nasty pleasant shock.

You see, one major agenda for browsing friendship community sites is to check out the photos in girls' profiles (or guys, in a girl's case). 10 years ago, the photos I see are more realistic. I mean, when we decided to meet up, at least 6 out of 10 looks the same in actual and in profile photo.

Today, what I see in this Ahmoi site is, most of the photos in the profiles are of hot chicks and leng luis. And instead of [Looking for: Friends], they are 90% [Looking for: Relationship]. I'm kind of baffled by this. It is my experience that pretty girls are usually not associated with online relationship search. Pretty girls are associated with not having much time to spend on the internet.

Shall I try to put 1 foot into this stuff again and verify if the pretty girls are just pretty photos, or reality has really changed?

2 comments:

pikaloneyap said...

it depends on ur luck

RealGunners said...

true true...