Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution 2012

1. Get promoted - that is the only way to boost my salary dramatically from the current pathetic level, if I am to stay in the same job and company. I will give it my all for this to happen, but if it does not happen then... then... well... you know the standard BS that comes with it...

2. Investment - I have an amount set aside for this, and I'm gonna set a lowly target of 30% return from them this year. I don't wanna go with the usual BS of diversifying your portfolio. We are not gambling and praying for the best here. I believe you have a better chance of success if you keep all your eggs in 1 or 2 baskets a.k.a focus on 1 or 2 fields and become expert in whatever you are doing. It'd be precious metal and forex for me. Wish me luck.

3. Reduce weight - I'll be transparent, I'm at 102kg now (down from the disastrous number that I see from my scale the moment I came back from US last year, although it was 96 before I left). I'll aim to get down to 90, one way or another.

4. Save even more money - I'm hoping to save enough to buy a house, downpayment, fees and simple renovation. At any rate, I need to get this thing done either this year or next, assuming the world is still intact after 21 December 2012. At my current level, I can only barely manage a medium-low cost apartment, and that depends on whether I get allocated or not.

5. Blog more - Try to blog at least 10 times a month, I've been neglecting this place for far too long, sorry blog =(

I don't want to set any resolution to remain stress free, most likely I will fail that one... zzzzz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lok ur wish will come true !!! ccp

Casendra said...

Wish all your dreams come true! Just be extra careful on the investment ya :)

Kill the weight without killing your stomach...

Happy New Year!

RealGunners said...

ccp: u will know when it comes true or not.. lolz..

casendra: thx =), agree tht we shd not kill our stomach to kill weight, that is not long term planning..