Let me describe the overall process of my driving license renewal this morning at the post office...
1. I passed my original driving license to the man at the counter.
2. He asked me: "How many years?"
3. I replied: "1 year."
4. The man opened a drawer and took out a slip.
5. The man laminated the slip on a laminating machine.
6. The man passed me the renewal slip and said: "RM32 please."
7. I paid the money, took the slip and my original driving license, and left.
As you can see, the renewal slip is already printed with my name and IC number. I have absolutely no idea when was that printed.