Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 1 @ Loveland

Sorry for not blogging for the past week or so, have been recovering from jet lag. It gets slower to adjust as age begins to catch up on you...

I'm gonna update what I've been up to for this week, which is not much... Please don't expect an avalanche of photo, I've been here for the third time now, don't expect me to be that trigger (camera) happy with things...

Basically, I've been trying to eat healthy and take photos of what I eat to let my sis show my mom and avoid taking photos of the less healthy stuff that I eat so that she don't nag at me...

                            
Simple and Fit meal (under 550 calories) @ Applebee's Fort Collins.

                            
Stir Fried Chinese Broccoli @ Cafe de Bangkok

                            
Meatless Tom Yam @ Cafe de Bangkok

At first it was sad to see Bangkok Kitchen being sold and reincarnated as Cafe de Bangkok, the owner decided to go back to Thailand. But the new owner came from Thailand as well, and you can hear the chefs shouting at each other in Thai in the kitchen, which is a good sign. And that good sign did translate to the dishes. Well done! Only thing is that it became non-halal now. The steadfast Malaysian Muslims will have to be careful when ordering their food here now...
----------
Being in Colorado now means having to deal with extremely cold weather, and lots of snow...


I know, you might think, "Good lah you! Can experience winter snow!"

That thought would be mostly valid, unless I will be here for 3 weeks, not 3 days...

The winter gives you cracks on your lips and skin, only that it is a slow process and the pain gets worse day by day...

The snow also makes it extremely dangerous to drive on the roads if you are not careful, especially when they've turned into ice...

And the snow is dirty, all mixed up with mud and dirt, it is very obvious every morning when the snow truck piles them up high...


If you are gonna be here for anything more than a week, it is not fun at all...

I'm sorry mates, but Winter Sonata doesn't happen in real life. If you walk through snowing, the only thing you will cuddle is your big fat jacket, not your girl/boy...

Another thing I did was bring a colleague on a tour of Denver before he left...

Not that I know much of Denver actually...

 Colorado Broncos home field - it used to be called Invesco Field, changed sponsor already it seems...


 Poor bear still sitting out there, just as it was last September @ 16th Street Mall...

Of course... when you are in Colorado's (or even the States') home of the breweries...


^.^

2 comments:

Casendra said...

Hahahaha... no wonder sounds familiar. I think this is the 2nd yr I saw your loveland post..hahahahaha

RealGunners said...

I know right? I figured it must be boring to read it... zzzzz